Friday 1 April 2016

Springy Green Soup

SPRING is in the AIR!
The sun is SHINING...
The rain is RAINING...
The crocuses are BURSTING through earth...
And...
I am making GREEN SOUP!

I was sauteing some baby KALE for my kids' dinner... 
(YES...my kids LOVE kale...)
(They also love CHOCOLATE....so no need to worry...)
(They are NOT a fan of my pureed soups however...)
(Not YET anyway...)

So... HALF of the kale for the KIDS and the other HALF into the VITAMIX...

I love making these soups because they are SOOOO fast and they are the MOST delicious things...
This soup was was a mix of FRESHLY PURCHASED PRODUCE and some 
"LOOK AT ME I'VE BEEN LYING AROUND IN THE FRIDGE TOO LONG PRODUCE"...

Sooo...here's the KALE before it wilts...

In the Pan:

Next Step...
Throw everything else in the BLENDER....
SPINACH, PEAS, SOGGYISH ZUCCHINI, 2 DAY OLD STEAMED ASPARAGUS...

In the Blender:

Add some BROTH...
This will depend on how THICK or THIN you Like your soups....
I always start with about 2 cups and then just add to get the consistency I LIKE...

Add some SALT & PEPPER and garnish with CHEDDAR if you so wish...

In the Mug:

Springy Green Soup
(makes 2 large servings or 4 smaller ones)

4 cups of Spinach 
1 Zucchini chopped coarsely
Baby kale sauteed for a few minutes (as much as you want)
 Asparagus steamed
1/3 cup fresh peas 
2 - 4 cups broth
salt
pepper
cheddar

No comments:

Post a Comment