Monday 4 April 2016

Decadently Good Buckwheat Pancakes

Decadently Good Buckwheat Pancakes
(makes 6 medium size pancakes)

3/4 cup Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
1 Tbsp sunflower oil (or coconut oil melted)
** 2 "Flax Eggs" (or 2 eggs if you'd rather)**
Almond Butter
Coconut Butter
Frozen Strawberries
chocolate shavings
coconut oil for frying


Take my WORD for it....these BUCKWHEAT pancakes ARE as GOOD as they LOOK!
If you've never tried BUCKWHEAT before - GO FOR IT!
You WON'T be disappointed.
HEARTY & HEALTHY...
FILLING & FLAVORFUL...
TOP them with WHATEVER you feel like.
SWEET or SAVORY...
I felt like a SWEET breakfast.
I USUALLY do.
CHOCOLATE is one of my FAVE FOOD GROUPS to incorporate into my morning meal...
Even if it's just a TOUCH of it.
I LOVE it.
Such a good COMPANION to COFFEE as well, don't you think?
These pancakes are full of PROTEIN, IRON & FIBRE.
I think BREAKFAST is the most IMPORTANT MEAL of the day.
So why not make it a GOODY.
And.... These pancakes FREEZE really well too.
So... while this might look like some EXTRAVAGANTLY ASSEMBLED breakfast....
It really ISN'T.
SHOVE a couple frozen pancakes in the TOASTER OVEN...
SLAP on some ALMOND BUTTER & whatever else YUMMY you might have kicking around in your kitchen...
And there ya GO!
If you are ON THE GO...
Take TWO pancakes and make a SANDWICH out them with your NUTBUTTER inside... 

This isn't so much a RECIPE.... but more of an IDEA of what to EXPERIMENT with in the kitchen...

ENJOY!!!

** As I am not a FAN of EGGS.... (long story)
I usually substitute with a "FLAX EGG" in my cooking.
Mix 1 TBSP FLAXMEAL with 3 TBSP WATER...
Let it sit for a couple of minutes so it THICKENS..
This way it becomes a BINDING agent like an egg...
(sometimes when I'm in a rush I don't even let it sit... and things still turn out well...but for optimal results...let it SIT)**

No comments:

Post a Comment